10 Bad Vendor Habits That Really Irk Solution Providers

edited July 2013 in CRN Community

image10 Bad Vendor Habits That Really Irk Solution Providers

Channel program fees and channel conflict are among the top complaints solution providers have of their IT vendor partners.

Read the full story here

Comments

• If I can't read this without a iPad or Win8 device It's gonna be a long time beofre that happens. Talking abvout vendors irking solution providers!
  • Clealy, CRN Tech News has become as STUPID and ARROGANT as the IT vendors regarding PEEVES ... requiring an iPad or Win 8 (garbage can) device shows just how much your so-called managers have to learn about the BUSINESS of IT and application requirements.
  • My these CRN staffers are stupid. Like the others below, I am not going to pick up another device to search for this article if I am already reading on a PC. And when I log in to post, it deleted my comment.

Hire one of the VARs you write about to assist with policy and technical site help. You are losing credibility fast.
  • The three of you beat me to it.
  • Yes doesn't make sense. They should make the information easy to find, not require extra steps. I think its hilarious that the article is on "bad habits that irk solution providers". As an alternative, I printed the article to a PDF file and it provided the entire article.
  • Ten bad CRN habits that irk readers
    (01) Making us download an app to read an article
    (02) Making us download an app to read an article
    (03) Making us download an app to read an article
    (04) Making us download an app to read an article
    (05) Making us download an app to read an article
    (06) Making us download an app to read an article
    (07) Making us download an app to read an article
    (08) Making us download an app to read an article
    (09) Making us download an app to read an article
    (10) Making us download an app to read an article
  • Great article Rick - and I agree with the 10 "irks".

When Nutanix was trying to get me to leave my last company and join the organization as VP of Channels, I told the VP of Sales that although I had learned a heck a lot about the partner side of the business after 25 years, I didn't know a thing about the manufacturer side.

The VP told me that's why they wanted me; they wanted someone who would always be thinking about the channel perspective and who would ensure that Nutanix keeps the channel firmly in mind in everything the company does.

As just one example, Nutanix sells 100% through partners - thereby eliminating the #1 complaint of channel conflict.

It turns out to both be harder, and a lot more fun, to work on the manufacturer side than I anticipated. It is also a great privilege to be able to work with so many outstanding partners and to quickly become an integral part of growing their businesses.

Steve Kaplan (@ROIdude)
    VP Channel & Strategic Sales, Nutanix
  • With distribution channels compressing along with revenues, it is often difficult to see a way to give resellers what they need and to manage direct business, too. This is part of the conflict - where vendors see VARs as simply a means to reach the end customer $, rather than as an actual partner

coopermann.com
    buildingup.biz