CRN Home

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Downside Of Two-Factor Authentication

edited December 2012

imageThe Downside Of Two-Factor Authentication

While two-factor authentication adds an additional layer of security, cybercriminals are finding ways to circumvent this added precaution.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I use Two-Factor Authentication across a lot of my accounts. I feel a lot more secure when I can telesign into my account with an OTP. I am glad that is offered as an option for many sites, but not enough. It is worth the time and effort to have the confidence that your account won't get hacked and your personal information isn't up for grabs. It would be nice to see more of the leading companies in their respective verticals start giving their users the perfect balance between security and user experience. I know some will claim that 2FA makes things more complicated, but the slight inconvenience each time you log in is worth the confidence of knowing your info is secure. I'm hoping that more companies start to offer this awesome functionality. To me this should be a prerequisite to any system that wants to promote itself as being secure.